5 Baby Girl Quilt Designs to Consider When Decorating a Nursery
You are having a baby girl – what an exciting time in your life! You just can’t wait to spoil her and start decorating the nursery. One of the ways to start working on the baby room’s décor is to choose a baby quilt or even the entire crib bedding and further develop the design throughout the nursery. Usually the bedding in general and the quilt in particular are major design elements and are a perfect reference point when choosing complimenting colors and accessories in order to finish the picture. Baby girl quilts and crib bedding come in hundreds of styles which might be a bit overwhelming but here are five popular ones to consider:
1. Fairy princesses are a great and versatile baby girl design. Most of these baby girl quilts are based on the fairy tale of Cinderella and have scenes with the beautiful princess and her carriage, the fairy Godmother with the magic wand, the handsome prince, the multi turreted castle, the legendary glass slipper. Earlier designs were overwhelmingly pink and at one time parents turned their backs to the ‘sugary’ theme. However, the contemporary designs introduce new colors like gold, sage, whites, and shades of blue which add vibrant and fresh feel to the design.
2. Angels and cherubs on baby quilts are always comforting and are another excellent choice for a girl nursery decor. You can find designs with angels playing or flying around in pairs, or just holding little stars while guarding the peace in the crib. There are also girl quilts depicting baby cherubs that are sleeping, smiling or causing mischief surrounded by fluffy clouds, flowers, blue skies, etc. The colors are bright and clear and can be a mixture of heavenly blues, light pinks, shades of white, fresh green and some yellow.
3. As a lot of parents already know, dress up time is one of little girls’ favorite activities. There are a lot of baby girl quilts depicting little girls in various period dresses or collections of party dresses, frilly dresses, funky dresses. The appealing outfits worn by pretty little girls and the special dresses are presented in a variety of cheerful colors - pink, lavender, mint green, blue and yellow.
4. Puppies, kittens, teddy bears and all cuddly creatures and pets are the other popular designs for baby girl quilts. Friendly teddy bears rolling a ball or sharing building blocks, kittens drinking milk or playing with string of yarn, puppies curled up sleeping or chasing butterflies – the designs are endless. The color palette is not limited to the traditional pink but is cheerful and bright mix of blues, browns, reds and even purples and yellows.
5. Another popular theme for baby girl quilts involves flowers in bouquets or in meadows, in cute little gardens in the company of red lady bugs and brightly colored butterflies, or tended by pretty little girls. Sometimes they come with the 'flower power' message and sometimes they are just tender little buds pretty and gentle, swaying in the summer breeze. The blues of the sky, the greens of the grass, the yellows of the sun and the whites of the clouds are nicely combined with every flower color possible.
The quilts’ designs are only the starting point when decorating your nursery. Painting the walls, adding accent pieces, area rugs, wall hangings, toys and drapes will all bring the chosen baby quilt theme to life and make it your own and unique – a perfect sanctuary for your little baby girl.