Five Popular Father's Day Sayings
The 3rd Sunday of every June is the day when fathers are honored and fatherhood celebrated. Father's Day has many important quotes which illustrate the crucial role that a great father has in the upbringing of a child. When making a Father's Day card it's a great idea to take a look at some of the best quotes about fathers to get your mind jogging on what to write for Dad. Take a look at these five quotes for inspiration.
1. "Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys."
This quote, from an anonymous source, shows how important having a father figure is to a young boy's life. A father's influence is priceless, and every child should know how much they should treasure a good father.
2. "When I was 14, my father was so ignorant that I could hardly stand having the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he learned in 7 years." - Mark Twain
Sometimes, parents and children just don't see eye to eye. Eventually, children will learn how wise their fathers are. Quotes like this are great reminders that it's OK to say, "You were right, dad." Adding a little bit of humor to saying it never hurts, either!
3. "Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was mother and father rather than all major credit cards." - Robert Orben
It's always a good idea to remember the basic principles which have led great people to success. Money isn't everything, and money also can't buy a great dad. Tell him he's priceless with this caring yet humorous quote.
4. "Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown." - Unknown
Dads make great role models, and also great teachers. No matter how old you get, your dad is still going to be a source of inspiration. Your dad is also going to be one of the few people who leads by example for your entire life.
5. "Dad, you're the best! Happy Father's Day!"
This quote shouldn't need too much explanation. Wish your dad a happy Father's Day and tell him how excited you are to have him in your life! You can have a million friends, a million dollars, but you're only going to have one dad, so treat him well, love him and never miss a chance to tell him that.